Sunday 10 June 2012

Inbetweeny moving stage (aka pain in the ass)

So as from previous posts you will know we are planning to move back down to Yorkshire. Last weekend we did the first stage of the move, of which there will be three. The other half moved back, with all his stuff and we sent much of my stuff back too. Primarily all my books (craft books included, thank fook for Ravelry!) and DVDs along with a few book cases. This means my flat now looks half naked! There's odd bits of furniture gone that don't get used that often.

However, I must say that the lack of stuff in the flat does not really seem to have impacted upon my ability to be untidy :s.

The original plan was for me to just be in here till the end of June and move in with a few friends. However, it then transpired that we had to give our landlords two months notice! What a pain in the ass! Then again I didn't know that it would be possible to move in with the aforesaid friends two months prior to this, therefore it wouldn't have made much difference. It's our own fault, it's there in bold print on the first page of our lease. We ought to have read it earlier! So this now means I'm stuck in the flat on my own for two whole months! Well till the 27th of July, and then friends will only have put up with me for a couple of weeks. Which will no doubt be better for them.

All this on top of final essays, job searching, and general worries about the future! Oh and to top it off, me living on my own.....might end in disaster! I fell out of the bath the other day and nearly knocked myself out! Now that's something to give you a huge shock and make you consider, what would have happened had I broken my leg/knocked myself out/broken my neck! Yeah I know I'm exaggerating but I did get a bit of a fright :(. Needless to say I'm going to have to mind my clumsiness from now on it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment