Friday 6 July 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 Day 1-6

So for those of you not on Ravelry, or not in the fibre game, the Tour de Fleece is a spinning event which runs alongside the Tour de Fleece. Not literly mind you until we can get spinning wheels to work in conjunction with bikes.....ooooooo now there's an idea...! Anyway, no, spinners set themselves targets for their spinning and aim to spin ever day during the Tour.

My aims are....
-To spin every day, or on days when I can't, for what ever reason, make up for it by doing double my target on the following day.
-to spin consistently and try to aim for 2/3ply weight.
-spin at least 15g a day.

So here is my progress so far!
Day 1: eeeeeer I miss behaved and was at a BBQ, and eating and drinking in combination with no wheel meant I couldn't very much do anything.
Day 2: I started spinning up a beautiful plait of "Floop" by a local indie dyer, friend and fellow knit nighter Helen, who sells currently solely to The Yarn Cake. The yarn is 100% falkland, meaning this was my first non merino experience! I made up for day 1 and spun about 40g (48g on each bobbin aimed for)


Day 3: I spun 25g, well over my 15g target!


Day 4: I finished spinning the rest of fibre (97g total) and plied it, well I got 3/4 done before my bleeding brake band snapped


Day 5: Finished plying. Lazy day, really should have done more!
But I took a reet pretty pic to make up for it!


Day 6: I skeined it up, soaked it, and dried it. Here's a finished pic


Day 6 continued: I then had to decide what I wanted to spin next. I went for some beautiful olive green merino 64's & tussah silk which I bought from http://www.texere-yarns.co.uk.


And spun 15g of that, it spins up sooooo thin :D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment