Friday 24 February 2012

A different way to M1L and M1R

As you will see from my 'about me section' I'm not a typical knitter. Being predominantly self taught and knowing I was left handed lead me to knit in a very different way to most, even to many left handed knitters.

However recently, I realised I had also been doing my M1R & L's totally different to the "proper way". Instead of lifting the bar between the two stitches, I have always lifted the leg of the stitch below.

To explain this is a righty way, to do a right leaning increase ( / ) I would lift the leg of the stitch on the row below from the stitch I was about to knit, and knit that as normal. For a left leaning increase ( \ )I would lift the leg of the stitch from the row *below* that which I had just knit.

I aim to take pictures to demonstrate this in the near future once uni demands have diminished.

Even though I have now realised this isn't the proper way. I'm going to carry on doing it! I find it gives such a nice and clean effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment