Tuesday 23 October 2012

General update

So I haven't posted I ages. Generally haven't felt like I've had that much to write about! But I guess there are a few things that have been going on.

Finishing Uni 

I guess this is really a big one. Second university course I've completed, both undergraduate ones. This wasn't an honours one so you don't get classifications, just a straight pass or fail. Well I passed! So that's all good :). Being the class rep for the year I helped to organise the graduation ball. Well I say helped, thankfully two of the four other branches of the course had already organised and let us join in! It would have been murder otherwise! However, I'll not even be attending the ball, or the graduation ceremony itself, as its all too costly and a bit of a trek now that I'm back in Yorkshire! I'm a bit sad about not going, as it would be nice on the day to see people. But there are cheaper and funner way to do it! One of the things ill be most gutted of missing are the pictures! I wish our uni had done what Glasgow Uni did, and those graduating in absentia still got pics done! Oh well. Will I regret it if I don't go? I just remember my first graduation being a total pain in the arse & the hall being so warm I almost fainted. I'm sure a group of my fiends are going to be organising a big get together around the time, and that'll be much cheaper, funner and involve a lot more alcohol... ;)

Moving back home:

Well that was and still is a bit gutting. I miss Glasgow so much! All the friends I've made up there, the city itself and just the feel to it. I miss living with my other half, and until we're both settled into jobs, which is probably not going to be before the middle of next year, as I still don't have anything lined up. Luckily my other half has managed to get himself a graduate training post, which i am very proud of him for! I miss just being able to walk down to the botanics on a nice day. Living back at home is fine though, I get on with my parents, it's just hard since contact with various friends down here isn't what it used to be. Although there are some that I'm still as close to as the day I left, there are some which I wonder if we even have much if anything in common any longer. Although the knitting side of things isn't what it really was in Glasgow, it does exist down here, how could it not, it's Yorkshire! And as I'm writing this it's actually Yorkshire Wool Week, and the little knit group I and a few other ravelry friends started in a local pub (The Sportsman, in Huddersfield) were in the local paper! Here's the link, although I didn't say what I'm quoted as saying!

Other craft news:

I've finally started writing up the rose and trellis hoody pattern, it's taken so much to get the 'get up and go for it'. I'm doing it 5 sizes, 4" increments from 32" to 48". I've got up to the armholes tough and I'm totally stumped! So after a lot of research I have ordered Sweater Design in Plain English by Maggie Righetti. So hopefully when that arrives, I'll be able to crack on, and then no doubt I'll get totally stumped on the hood....

I've also been asked to be a godmother, this will be my third godchild, first god daughter, and the first of their christenings I will have actually attended, which will be nice! As a result I am planning to knit Leaves of Grass by Jared Flood  it's bloody stunning. I've chosen this pattern as the third pattern in it is the pattern which was used on the wedding shawl I knit for the mother :) so I thought it would be a nice touch. So today I am off to my LYS, Spun in the Byram Arcade to find something beautiful for it!

ETA. It's a few days after this post was drafted and I bought some lovely cygnet 4 ply in cream. I had hoped for white, but this cream is lovely and the shawl so far has knitted up really quick. Although I'm nearing the next section of MAHOOOOOSIVE increasing, and I think it may grow in turtle pace from then on....

I can't really think of anything else to write about. Although it appears I am in the local newspaper again today after me sister, Hayley (also in the knitting feature) and I had our picture taken whilst out last Saturday dress all 50's style for a friends birthday. So I must pick up one of them whilst I am out aswell!


No comments:

Post a Comment