Monday 19 March 2012

The Next Chapter

The past week has been one of contemplation, decision making and general considerations about whats going to happen in the future. Currently my partner and I live in Glasgow and are coming toward the end of our university courses. We moved up to Glasgow originally because he decided this would be the best uni for him, and we both fell in love with the city. Now as we both come to the end of these courses we had to decide what the plan was, were we going to stay up here or move back down to our families.

Its been a hard decision, I've made so many friends up here and without meeting the people I have I wouldn't have developed this obsession with knitting that I have. Not to mention all the friends I have made through my university course. But we've decided it would be in our best interests, especially jobs wise. Neither us are particularly benefits savy and have the feeling that the flat that we are currently in won't entertain having people on housing benefits, especially seen as they were so accommodating with us being students in the first place (insert sarcasm here).

Besides this way we will have the luxury of being able to job hunt and not have to jump at the very first thing just so we can pay rent etc as we will be moving back in with the parents. His course finishes before mine though so wherever he finds a job I will follow.

I am a little sad about it, but I know its for the best. Besides Glasgow is not that far away and I will definitely be journeying back up to see people and for yarn events and so on. I couldn't live without it ;) But I have to say, I'm very excited to move back down and see people more often especially family and close friends including my little godson. Its too shocking the development in him when I haven't seen him for a few months! Besides there is a big enough yarn scene down in the old textiles capital of West Yorkshire for me to get my teeth into!

2 comments:

  1. Just think you will be super close to world of wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super close doesn't even cut it! I'm actually from Huddersfield (Birkby to be precise) which is so close to milnsbridge were WoW is. Now I've only just learnt recently that there is a shop part to WoW, I didn't think you could actually go and explore before!! I'm down at Easter so think I'll be exploring :D

      Delete