Monday 19 March 2012

WIP: "Stonor" by Belinda Boden

I had an acute uncontrollable case of startitis this week as I finished off the wedding shawl and my shrug for my brothers wedding, for more info see Whats on my Needles: March 2012, although I have yet to post about them as FO's. And even though I haven't finished the little dolls for the cake I just needed to start something else (bad me :( ). However, its involved me using up a cardigans worth of stash so GO ME! 
 
Introducing Stonor by Belinda Boden ;) she is a beautiful long sleeved cardigan with a deep rib at the waist and an incredibly addictive lace pattern. The lace pattern is a really simple 4 row repeat which although the cardigan only uses 4ply, its going to knit up nice and quick I think.                                                              

The other aspect I found really attractive about this cardigan is the way that it just has buttons at the top and due to the deep ribbing it opens up beautifully at the waist but in doing so really emphasises your body shape. Whereas some cardigans that open like this can just leave you looking a little bit pregnant.       
      
The pattern is only available in Fyberspates Scrumptious Collection Vol 1, which offers 20 patterns and retails at £12.50, to be honest I bought the book primarily for this pattern although I have spied a few other projects in there that I will be making, such as "Challow", "Hinksey",  and "Tirrold".                       

The book is lovely, very well set out and all the patterns are presented really well with the inclusion of graphs and some of them are seamless. This cardigan is meant to be knit in separate pieces but I have chosen to knit the back and fronts together up to the arm hole where I will split them and start to work the sections separately, I have included a faux purl seam though to split the sides a little bit visually.                          

Now, the yarn that I'm using isn't the suggested yarn. If I had the money I would definitely have splashed out on some of Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply, that merino and silk blend is SO SQUISHY! Not the mention the beautiful colours its available in. However, when I'm still on a bit of a yarn diet, and I had just the right about of Cygnet 4ply in my yarn cave I had to behave myself and satisfy myself with this.

I love how its turning out and even though its not going to have quite the same amount of sheen that it would have with the suggested yarn, I love the colour and its going to be lovely and just the right amount of warm. The lace detailing on it will make it cool enough for the summer cardigan its designed to be whereas the wool will make it just right for a Scottish Summer, or its attempt at it at least! I can't wait till its finished!I love the colour and think it will go well with alot of the things I wear :)


5 comments:

  1. I did not know you had a blog! I love you! I love your blog! Do you even know who this is???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummmm since you've posted anonymously, no :p

      Who are you?!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aaaaaaah! Herro!!!
      Well the blog is very new :) hope your doing well. Not seen you in aaaages

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete