Friday 2 March 2012

What's on my needles: March 2012

My big Brother is getting married in April this year and so currently the only things I am working on right now (along with uni work-grump) are things which I need to do for the big day!

"Sea & Shells Stole"  by Val Campion
For Rachael (the Bride).

This shawl is based on "Print o' the Waves" by Eunny Jang. This is the forth time I've knit this beautiful Shawl since Mid 2010. All 4 Brides I have knit a shawl for as soon as they see pictures from the FO's page for it on Ravelry all want that one. Now usually I hate knitting the same thing even twice. But this shawl is simple and stunning and the perfect addition to any wedding dress. Not too complicated, it doesn't take too much attention away from the dress! Here is a pic of the most recent, I'm working this newest one in that same yarn.
Craft: Knitting
Yarn: Natural Dye Studio "Precious Lace"
Colour: Silver
Fibre: 100% pure silk *swoon*
Needle: 3.5mm















The next bit of cuteness is a Saplanets Original wedding couple "Jake & Fiona" they're to go on the table with the cake.

The plan is to make them a bit more like Paul (the big brother) and Rachael. I've crocheted a tiiiiny little climbing harness, the same colour as his, and I'm planning to do a climbing rope too. I have a camera which I'm going to fix to Rachael and she's going to have bright yellow hair. If I have enough yarn let from her shawl I'm aiming to do a mini shawl for her figurine.
Craft: Crochet
Yarn: Various bits and bobs of scrap 4ply
Hook: 2mm





"Aphrodite Shrug" By Sarah Hatton, in Vintage Inspired Projects. This is to go with my dress, no not a bridesmaid dress :( (she has 3 sisters, there would have been to many) the dress was a bargain! £23 down from £80! The shrug has a very interesting construction and I love how it's turning out.Not the mention the yarn is AMAZING
Craft: Knitting
Yarn: DROPS Lace
Fibre: 70% Alpaca 30% Mulberry silk
Colour: (not sure on shade number) Rust
Needle: 3.5mm






31st March (Update)

I have finished all the projects!! Yey!! I'll post picutres in a new post after the wedding when all the items can be seen in all their glory! I'm very impressed with the dolls, in the beginning I wasn't too sure about them and thought they didn't look brilliant, but once they had been personalised and put on a cake base with the other little bits and pieces I crocheted to join them, I think it looks really cute! Even if I do say so myself! 

2 comments:

  1. That shawl is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks :) you should give it a go, it's a free pattern and it's easy to memorise it!

    ReplyDelete